So I haven't kept up with the blog lately with all the travels, lack of internet at times, picking up after the kids in other places (which seems to take longer then when its your own home) I have not been real motivated to blog.  I simply posted lots of pics of our recent adventures and now for a few words....
So we had a great weekend back in Raleigh visiting with friends and attending our home church for the last time for the next three years.  It was great to be back among our church family....great to be home! Now we are visiting with Kenny's dad through tuesday then with his mom until friday then we travel up to maryland to visit two dear friends from Seminary and their daughter and then to Va on monday for two months of training!  Time is winding to a close for us.... yesterday Naomi got attacked by a chicken and has a scratch from her lip down her chin onto her neck.... she was so cute afterwards though recapping for everyone what happened! "the chicken get me.... I tell the chicken "Stay back", then she told us "I brave".  The recap was so cute and she spoke about it for the rest of the day, it hasn't deterred her a bit from all the animals!   We have had some great times where the kids have been able to run and play in tons of grass....the great outdoors,  and I found myself thinking how I would miss them being able to have that opportunity on a daily basis but how it was so worth it so that others could know Jesus.  I couldn't sit in a plush house with a nice yard knowing that billions have never heard the gospel, that billions do not know of the hope that Jesus freely offers to those that would trust in Him.  I would rather have my children experience hosting lost people in our home and Lord- willing being a part of their redemption experience than have endless hours in the grass.  We will find grass somewhere and enjoy it, be it a trekk to a park or a drive to the countryside on the weekend, but it was a sweet time for me to watch them play, enjoy the Lord's creation and yet know our choices were all worth it, they will be all worth it so that others may know....

Queen Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment