Peaceful bliss

To say that life has been crazy is an understatement... but nevertheless we would like to be better about blogging.  I am enjoying a moment of peace right now as Hudson sleeps inside at Momaw's house and me and the girls are on the BEAUTIFUL back deck overlooking the golf course enjoying the morning sun.  They are playing in the fenced in yard and I can just sit and write while they play.  This is a rarity so I am soaking it up.  God is good in giving these small moments outside of our normal reality to enjoy the beauty of His creation.  There are flowers blooming everywhere, and if you didn't know, I LOVE to garden so this is such a treat for me to see all of this...even better would be if I could dig in the dirt myself and plant something.  I forgot the camera, otherwise I would be snapping shots left and right to share the beauty with you and to remember this peaceful lull in our hectic schedule.   Last night the girls Momaw (Kenny's mother) retired from her job and "camp momaw" starts tomorrow as she will be keeping my three kiddos while Kenny and I are at appointment becoming "official" M's, at lease "official" in the eyes of our sending agency.  We are excited that our desire and pursuit to go to the ends of the earth with the Gospel is finally coming to fruition,  excited that the hectic schedule and craziness in our life right now is for a far greater purpose, excited that the selling off of all our belongings means we have less tying us down and we are more free to go and share the good news with others...SO EXCITED that our children can join us in this journey and get the big picture that life is about more than just them, that people need Jesus and we get the privilege of sharing Him with them.  Excited that our children will get to share in diversity and grow to love it, that they will have a global focus, that they will be able to communicate in various languages and the richness and depth that will bring to their life and relationships.  Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, we are excited to join in the journey that the "greats" lived out before us, treasuring Jesus above all else...oh I pray that my children would treasure Jesus above all else one day and that I would continue to do so as well, throwing off all that entangles me and running the race that is set before me to win the prize of "well done my good and faithful servant".     We will blog more throughout the week but pray for us as we are separated from our children, for them that they would stay healthy (or get healthy, they are fighting off coughs)  and that they would remember their training in godliness and remain disciplined while we are away, being a blessing to their caretakers.  Pray for us too as we travel and speak at a couple churches that the Lord would give us the words to express our joy in the work He has set out for us.   More to come....

Queen Mother