"teach me mommy"

 Today, my academic genius said "teach me mommy" which of course made me smile.... This week we have been learning about North Carolina.   The cardinal, the dogwood, and we even did this neat little play-dough map that I laminated and had them do different colors for the mountainous region, the piedmont region and the coastal plain.  Tomorrow we cover the flag and other important facts.

Did you know that black bears eat dogwood berries and that the dogwood tree can be used to cure mange, asthma, toothaches, break a fever, various other things and has even been used as a toothbrush. Pretty interesting huh!  If we ever get our hands on a dogwood we might just try it out on our teeth! :)  

Well that is just a little update on our homeschool days...

Queen Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment