the good fight

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" 2 timothy 4.7

Yumm, I just love 1 & 2 Timothy... sat down and was reading a little from "come away my beloved" while trying out a soy latte that I made myself (not sure if i can forgo milk for soymilk in my coffee but maybe) anyways this is the point.... I read this: "Lord Jesus, I cast myself at your feet. Let me bathe them in tears, for my feet have been like lead. They have been weighed down with the cares of this life. I have been like one in a dream who seeks to run and is held paralyzed. Set me free, Omnipotent Lord, and make me Your glad and willing bond slave. Free my feet and make them swift to do your bidding. Loose my tongue to shout Your praise. Free my heart to love the lost with the great deep compassion of Jesus Christ. Free my affections and nail them to Your cross! Amen."
Oh if that is not the cry of my heart! until yesterday I was just this, held paralyzed by my cares of the world. But God was so faithful yesterday to break my heart and shift my focus back to the cross, back to the point of my very existence. Back to warrior training, back to the Lord's boot camp. We are in a battle folks..."we have but one life to live, this life will soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last". Catch these words to my favorite song "a voice calling out" by Bethany Dillion (still trying to find a way to get it to play automatically when you open the blog so if any readers have some pointers let me know!)
I hear a voice calling out
I hear a voice in this wilderness
Where darkness has reigned for so long
Ground is being taken

The trumpet sounds
and your glory touches the ground
and we all stand in awe
Who is this?
This glory far beyond us
I hear a voice

I hear a drum beating
heaven's drawing near
the sky will open
your people are being healed
I hear a voice

heaven's battle cry
Rise
see the sun light what was hidden
Heaven's heart beat
See is moving
what was a whisper is now
a voice calling out

i see a generation rising up
no longer accepting lies
running to the battlefield
and losing their lives

I see a generation rising up
no longer accepting lies
as a band of worshipers run to the battlefield
They're finding their lives
I hear a voice

(sigh) Beautiful!!! RUNNING TO THE BATTLEFIELD....losing their lives.... yet FINDING their lives!!! Oh that I may RUN to the battlefield. that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. HIS OWN... forgetting what lies behind and pressing forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Phil 3:10-14) "the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers." 1 Peter 4:7 Journal entry yesterday: "I am so easily focused on me and my wants and my comforts that I forget the end of all things is near and billions will soon perish without You and in light of that my comfort does not matter.... I have lost the urgency of the gospel. For what do I think you are sending me to the ends of the earth for? a travel adventure with great views and plush seating? NO! NO! the end of all things is at hand -> Go into all the world and preach the Gospel -> Repent sinners. Christ died to purchase your hope, your assurance of salvation, your life that is to be lived for him and through Him alone. He died and purchased so that you may ask and receive. He died to set you free from self and the demands that self places on you. Sister He died to set you free from looking like her or being just like her or needing the praise of others or having to have x,y, & z to be happy... Christ died to give you everything.... namely Himself, so that He is all you need. So your hope and happiness could be founded in Him and not things, your comfort could be kneeling before Him - sitting at His feet, dwelling in His presence. Your quest could be that others may know Him, your rest could be when you draw near to Him and ultimately only when He takes you home after completing that for which He sent you. Are you about the Lord's work? doing that for which He sent you? Do you realize why He redeemed you? Proclaiming all that He purchased for you? asking for all that He purchased for you? seeking that which He purchased for you? Oh that I may know Him and the power of His death and resurrection and what that means for me"
So thankful the Lord has rescued my thinking, rescued me from myself, my sin which is my greatest enemy, my sin which would drown me were it not for Christ...I know that my Redeemer lives! Let us Praise Him!

Queen Mother